Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Make Time for the Yummy Things in Life

It's been a typical busy week with sewing, yard work, mothering, two boys scouting. Trying to find the good things in life sometimes takes more work than seems right, other times it's as easy as a date with a friend at a local coffee shop.
Usually my drink of choice is some kind of decaf latte, often vanilla, but definitely decaf. But not today. Nope, it's autumn and that means my favorite shop now has, for a limited time, PUMPKIN FRAPPES!!!! I really cannot convey to you just how wonderful this drink is. It is absolutely sinful, in taste and calories, and I (should) only allow myself one per season. The drink combines the perfect flavors of a fabulous, ingenius even, Pumpkin/Gingersnap ice cream, milk and chai mix (powdered, I think?). Of course, whipped cream on top. It's served in a big cup with a domed lid and has a straw that is as big around as my pointer finger- so you don't have to work too hard to slurp up the creamy goodness.
If I was a blogger with any street cred at all I'd be able to post a picture of this wonderful concoction. I should have. You really need to see it. Maybe it's a good excuse to go get another one tomorrow!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh. I should get one with caffeine!

Anonymous said...

I would love to try your yummy drink. Dare I ask you to mention the store you get it at (so I can check it out myself). Is it a national chain?
Can't wait to get my bag. Check out the etsy shop if you haven't yet!
Sue Clarke

Anonymous said...

Sadly, yes it is a local joint. Beans & Cream is the name. However, my sister in CO fell in love with the sinful drink the last time she was here and just this week she re-created it at home. Just like that. Here is the secret recipe she used:
3 scoops Pumpkin Ice Cream
4 crushed Gingersnap Cookies
1 teaspoon Powdered Chai Mix
enough milk to make it smooth & creamy.
Blend together, top with whipped cream and enjoy!!!