Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolution #1

Today is another in a string of lazy days. I feel I deserve nothing less after the crazy holidays. I am slowly moving toward something like motivation, I might join the 5000 other people who Steve promises will be at the club today. Evan yelled up from the basement that the next Rock Band song goes out to mom...it was Queen's "fat-bottomed girls". Yes, I will definitely go to the club today. Maybe twice.

I've been paging through some of my favorite creative blogs today, catching up on old news and I'm feeling very humbled. There is so much beautiful creative energy buzzing around out there. I'm just in awe of the freshness of other's ideas. My own work feels very stale and (no surprise, really) very linear. That's me, "linear girl". Thinking "outside of the box" just isn't my strong point, I can't even think outside of the corner of the inside of the box.

Therefore, my first official resolution of the year (I say "official" because I was talking smack last night about how I was going to get my bod bikini-ready for the beach, but I didn't actually write that one down, so it's not OFFICIAL) is to get wild and crazy with my bag designs. I'm going to mix it up, add some, and I hate this word because it's so overused, whimsy! I'm never afraid of color, but I need to do more with style, texture, dimension and flair. I have yet to really develop a signature feature and I have 363 days to find it.

Yes! I'm going to fill my Etsy shop to the brim and I'm kicking this silly hobby of mine into overdrive.

If I can still operate my arms when I get back from the club, I'll get to work.

No comments: