Friday, January 29, 2010

This is SO Cool!

I have found something that could potentially change the way I create with fabric. I was so excited yesterday when I stumbled upon this that I immediately called everyone I know who would also think this is SO cool. Okay, that list is short and includes only my sister and my mother-in-law, but still, they agreed that it is super cool - maybe not in the life-changing way I was suggesting while I was jumping up and down in my kitchen, but still cool.


My discovery is morecloth.com and it was created by Catherine who is, among other things, a fabric designer. She's a true artist with respect to the scientific way she evaluates and critiques color combinations and textures. Her obsession with fabrics led her to develop this uber-clever site that actually helps you search for fabric colors and patterns that complement each other. Not only that, but if you see fabric swatches that you can't live without, you just click on the swatch and you're taken directly to an Etsy shop where you can purchase that piece of fabric!

This site will save me countless hours of time searching for the perfect fabrics to use in my bags. If you are a crafter forever in search of the perfect swatch, this is your lucky day!

No comments: