Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Could it be True?

Spring is finally coming...I have actual proof...see! These baby daffodils are trying their very best to break through the cold winter soil. My kids are in on the celebration of all things spring, too. Yesterday it was almost record-setting warm here in Wisconsin, the kids were out riding bikes and running around in short sleeves with no jackets. It's a big deal when it's that warm on Easter, so imagine how giddy everyone was on St. Patricks day! The first robin of the season was spotted while the boys were out geocacheing with Steve and we've seen quite a few since then. I can just feel my body relaxing into the promise of spring. I am so happy.

Another spring ritual around here, cutting down dead trees, took place in my backyard this week. We had to say goodbye to one of our old oaks, although he was already on life support when we moved in and I mostly just mowed around him and grumbled about it. Now he's gone and we have more room for the patio Steve has been threatening to build. It was pretty cool to watch the lumberjacks (and one lumberjill) take it down. Somehow they managed to squeeze a bucket truck into our backyard and then it was a symphony of chain saws as piece after piece, limb after limb tumbled to the ground. Those guys worked their butts off, and in about 2 hours the tree is gone. Amazing!


I'm working like crazy to get some things ready for my etsy shop. The wallets are turning out really cute. I can't wait for you to see them. I'm also getting ready for an exciting little "show" I'll be doing with a few other local etsy sellers in late April. I'll post more about the event when I get the postcards. It will be so much fun! I am really looking forward to meeting other etsy artists in person.
I hope you got a chance to get out yesterday for a green beer. I sure did - Thanks, Mary!!!

No comments: