Friday, March 19, 2010

quick post - new bag

Here's the new bag I finished yesterday. I have had several of my friends confess that while they love my handbags, they really want one that closes completely with a zipper. Ok, that's not the easiest thing to design because the whole concept of the bag coming together at the top often interferes with the rest of the overall shape. I have done a few bags with flap closures which I love but apparently no one else does because I haven't sold a single one. The slouchy hobo style seems to be prevalent on Etsy and in stores, it's a style that doesn't seem to fade out of fashion, but I find them a little boring. So, I decided to try and combine the two styles, Hobo and Messenger, along with the coveted zipper, and this is my first result.


I'm quite happy with it, actually. I think the size is right, I might not interface the lining next time to reduce some of the structure a bit. I like the way the top folds over to form a "faux-flap", I always love incorporating lampwork beads into my bags, mostly because my super talented mom makes them. Now we have to wait and see if anyone else likes it...stop on over to my etsy shop for more views of the new cute bag!

1 comment:

Sara said...

LOVE HIM!!!!