Monday, March 8, 2010

Waterlogged

Yesterday, the kids and I spent a really fun day in a huge indoor water park a short 45 minute drive from home. Aaron brought a friend to run around with and the only time I saw them all day was when they came looking for food! Evan and I buddied up together and splashed and played. We spent lots of time in the lazy river where his main agenda was to try and get my tube to float under each waterfall, thoroughly drenching me and giggling his head off. Thankfully it was not a crowded day and we rarely had to wait in lines over 5 minutes to get on most rides. The longest line we found was worth every minute as Evan took his first try at indoor surfing. I was nervous for him, he was stoked. I was sure he wouldn't even weigh enough to keep the boogie board under him but it didn't take long before he was belly boarding with style and had everyone in the crowd clapping for him. And then his swim trunks started to slip down! He was trying to hold on to the board with one hand, pull his trunks up with the other! It was so darn funny! His tiny little cheeks kept peeking out and by the time he fell off the board, I think everyone got a shot at his cute butt! He was embarrassed and elated all at once! Such a great day!

No comments: